Amazon

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Worth The Scandal by Karen Erickson


Print all In new window


Worth The Scandal by Karen Erickson
Buy Amazon:  Worth The Scandal
Buy BN: Worth The Scandal

Blurb:

"Strictly business? Try telling that to her heart..."

"Worth It, Book 1"

Alexander Worth, President and CEO of Worth Luxury Goods, is a man never to be crossed. His unwavering sense of responsibility to the family business requires him to always be in complete and utter control. Until it comes to Tessa Crawford.

She's quietly professional, shy, voluptuous...and she works for him. Which means she is the one woman he must never touch, no matter how hard his gut twists with need for her.

After rising above her disadvantaged childhood, Tessa knows the last thing she should do is risk throwing it all away by falling into bed with her sexy boss. But on an extended European business trip, all self-imposed barriers burn away in the heat of their sizzling chemistry.

Once back home, though, whispers of corporate espionage turn into full-blown scandal-and Tessa finds out the hard way where Alex's loyalties lie. Determined to soldier on, she picks herself up and carries on with a secret, yet welcomed burden. Never guessing that Alex will make a reappearance in her life, ready to show her once and for all that family does, indeed, come first.

Warning: Contains a sweet-yet-strong woman, and a bossy alpha male brought to his knees by the woman he desperately loves. Involves enough begging and groveling that the reader may be tempted to "accidentally" leave it for her significant other to "find." For instructional purposes only, of course

Review:
 
I can't begin to tell you how I loved this book. But I am sure going to try. I knew going in that Alex was going to make me want to slap his handsome, arrogant face. Ms. Erickson did not disappoint! I was drawn into this book and wasn't able to put it down until I finished. (Thanks a lot Karen for the super late night and long ass day at work that followed.)

The drama, the emotion, and the sex! All the intensity! I loved it. We also got a satisfying glimpse of the other two Worth brothers. I just know their stories are going to be equally fantastic.

In the scene where Alex fires Tessa, as she is riding the elevator down, I was there. I could literally picture her doing the slow slide down the wall and the expression on the security guard's face when those doors opened. I was right there with Tessa, feeling like the world had just ended for her. Ms. Erickson has a way of writing a scene, in fact the whole book, so that you are right there. You ARE Tessa. My heart wrenched and tears threatened.

I absolutely love reading books that make me feel the emotions as the character is experiencing them. And Ms. Erickson certainly does not disappoint in this. I am eagerly awaiting the next installment in the Worth It series. The other two brothers are as flawed as Alex and I am especially looking forward to how the author will redeem Rhett Worth. Well done Ms. Erickson!

Review by Ursula Avery

No comments:

Post a Comment